The following areas of research are being actively pursued at this time in Dr. Anand Swaroop's lab:
- Transcriptional regulatory networks and signaling pathways involved in photoreceptor differentiation and function
- Gene profiling during retinal aging, development and disease, and development of novel molecular targets for drug discovery
- Genetics of age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Pathways involved in diabetic retinopathy and evaluation of treatment strategies
- Genetic and biochemical defects in X-linked retinitis pigmentosa (XLRP)
- Pathogenesis of retinal dystrophies and congenital blindness
- Annotation, characterization and mapping of human retinal and RPE genes
Gladiator is a data entry and retrieval system for clinical and genetic data written by Ritu Khanna and Edward Trager. .
Access to Gladiator is restricted to authorized researchers at the Kellogg Eye Center. Unauthorized access attempts are logged. Contact Ritu Khanna or Ed Trager if you need access.